- On a dark and stormy night, high in the spire city of Sharn, two adventurers – Cale and Cathra – are on their way back from dinner at a fancy restaurant when they spot a mysterious body lying in the middle of the skybridge.
- A female warforged jumps from the shadows to attack them, but these adventurers are not surprised easily. She makes minimal effort to hide her responsibility in the murder of the man. They defeat her quite easily, knocking her off the skybridge. Before she plummets to her death, she releases her final messenger into the sky.
- Cale descends gracefully to the warforged’s corpse and searches her, but not before he pockets some of the possessions on the body. Cathra has little trouble catching up with him, and they quickly decide to hide before the authorities arrive.
- A shadowy figure tells them to go to the Broken Anvil tavern if they wish to learn more, and he leaves as quickly as he can speak. They return to Cale’s residence, a rather palatial home, where they attempt to inspect the journal.
- They then decide to head to the Broken Anvil, which turns out to be a humble establishment run by House Ghallanda, where they are met by a beautiful half-elf woman named Elaydren. She asks them to acquire a mechanical schema purportedly of sentimental value to House Cannith.
- She offers 1,500 gold and 100 gold upfront to find the schema in an ancient foundry somewhere beyond the sewers of Dorasharn Tower. They acquire supplies and information at the Rat’s Market of Dorasharn and make their way.
- In the sewers, they do battle with another warforged and his hired muscle, who demands they hand over the journal. They refuse and fight him to the death, and he too releases his final messenger before falling.
- Soon, they find the entrance they are looking for: a magically sealed hatch that unlocks when the journal’s cover is placed upon it, finding a dark shaft that descend into a long hallway where only further challenges await.
Total XP Awarded: 762 XP/person.